May 20, 2024

RV Living

On The Road Again With RV Living

RV Forum

We have many new features on our forum, RV-Living forum has information on just about any topic.
Check Out RV Forum Today

Please Re-Register To Access All Our Forums New Features on RV-Living Forum

Post all your RV questions or comments on RV Forum

RV Forum

DTV - cannot find 1...

Notifications
Clear all

DTV - cannot find 101

5 Posts
1 Users
0 Reactions
(@hemsteadc)

..with my Slimline SWM dish.

I've been doing DTV HD for 15 years and never had an aiming failure until today.  I simply cannot find the 101. I have all the electronic help I can get, and a clear view of the southern sky, but no go.. and I've tried for  hours.

The last couple times of setup I've  noticed it getting just a bit harder to find the sat, and I'm guessing that's because my dish has taken a couple falls which is affecting things. There's one little dent on the edge, which has been there for years, but I suspect the arm has gone slightly out of alignment.  It's a tilt-up (moveable for storage) arm from tv4rv.  I don't think it takes much of a jolt to move that arm.  I've tried a spare Lnb and it still doesn't work.  I've had receivers fail but never to the point where they couldn't detect a signal.

Soo.. anyone with any other ideas?  

Edited October 28 by hemsteadc

ReplyQuote
(@Cowdog353)

try to remove the LNB  and hold it/ point it towards the dish. Holding it as near the same distance as when it's in its fixed position. You should see 101 at some point. Will tell you if it's a bent arm problem.  I've done this before. Hope this helps. 

Jim

Edited October 28 by Cowdog353

ReplyQuote
(@hemsteadc)

thanks

ReplyQuote
(@chuckbear)

I had this issue also. It was the arm holding the LNB that was the problem. Replaced it and all was well. Chuck

ReplyQuote
(@hemsteadc)

Replaced whole dish and fold up arm. All is working now.

ReplyQuote

Leave a reply

Author Name

Author Email

Title *

Maximum allowed file size is 10MB

Preview 0 Revisions Saved
Share: