May 20, 2024

RV Living

On The Road Again With RV Living

RV Forum

We have many new features on our forum, RV-Living forum has information on just about any topic.
Check Out RV Forum Today

Please Re-Register To Access All Our Forums New Features on RV-Living Forum

Post all your RV questions or comments on RV Forum

RV Forum

Best Price on Honda...

Notifications
Clear all

Best Price on Honda EU2200i?

25 Posts
1 Users
0 Reactions
(@aztex)

Howdy,

I think I could use one of these! I have a small jewelry shop in my Airstream and want to be able to stay at work while boon docking!

I've down sized most of my "machines" and need clean electricity as opposed to high wattage. Of course ability to run printer and laptop important. I doubt much will be run at once so convinced I'll be ok. AC another issue but I've lived in Tucson for 15 years and was fine in my AS with 85 degree nights. Not perfect but acceptable...

Seems most stores have them for ~$1000 But I have a maddening tendency to find deals AFTER I buy something so thought I'd check here first!

Thanks,

Az Tex

ReplyQuote
(@NDBirdman)

I think I paid $950 for mine on sale last year, plus taxes.  Don't recall ever seeing them for less.  Best price I see for them at the moment is $1009 on Amazon, u can usually find free shipping on there.  Saw the 2200i and companion 2200 with cable/covers for $2,2xx, good price for the pair IMHO.  Good luck finding any for less.  I operate my electronic items in our RV on one of these, no problems so far.

ReplyQuote
(@rynosback)

ReplyQuote
(@NDBirdman)

Nice find, did not think to look at e-bay.

Edited February 10 by NDBirdman

ReplyQuote
(@aztex)

I saw those Ebay offerings but I'm "on the road" and not sure where I'll be day to day.

Amazon can ship fast to RV park I'm at but now that they charge tax a local in Tucson may be a better option. If a large chain I could get return privileges above warranty if it goes out in a certain time frame.

There's a local Sportsmans Warehouse that stocks them but can't think of any other brick and mortar stores that may.

Do Honda motorcycle dealers sell them?

Thanks,

Az Tex

ReplyQuote
(@Kirk W)

To locate Honda dealers for their generators, just go to the Honda dealer locator website and put in your zip code and it will display a map of locations. You should still contact the dealer before you go in if you want to be sure that he will have the generator you seek as Honda makes more than 20 different generator models and most stores will not have all of them in stock. 

I have seen them in Northern Tool, Home Depot, and Atwood's Farm & Ranch.

Edited February 10 by Kirk W

ReplyQuote
(@aztex)

Would you buy used?

I assume despite many moving parts if they work they work. Like any power tool abuse should/could be indicated by cosmetics.

Thanks,

Az Tex

ReplyQuote
(@Kirk W)

On 2/10/2019 at 11:21 PM, aztex said:

Would you buy used?

Yes, in fact, that is exactly what I did.  I own a Honda 2000i, the predecessor to the current 2200i. I got it from a neighbor who didn't use it and it had very few hours on it. I may sell it to someone else before too much longer since I have only used it once in the two years that I have owned it. 

ReplyQuote
(@Mr. Camper)

On 2/10/2019 at 11:59 PM, Kirk W said:

Yes, in fact, that is exactly what I did.  I own a Honda 2000i, the predecessor to the current 2200i. I got it from a neighbor who didn't use it and it had very few hours on it. I may sell it to someone else before too much longer since I have only used it once in the two years that I have owned it. 

Aren't generators like insurance.  You need it, but never (usually) know when and where you do, you're glad to have it.  I have a generator and we never take the RV out without it.  You can never be sure when the time will come, and in my situation, it could be life-saving.

ReplyQuote
(@Ray,IN)

On 2/10/2019 at 10:24 AM, aztex said:

I saw those Ebay offerings but I'm "on the road" and not sure where I'll be day to day.

Amazon can ship fast to RV park I'm at but now that they charge tax a local in Tucson may be a better option. If a large chain I could get return privileges above warranty if it goes out in a certain time frame.

There's a local Sportsmans Warehouse that stocks them but can't think of any other brick and mortar stores that may.

Thanks,

Az Tex

Amazon(app) offers pickup services, you tell them where you want to pickup your merchandise, they ship it to the center you choose, you pickup when you choose.

As to finding the lowest price, download software that tracks the item you want and notifies you when the price drops, or the lowest price on the internet.

Edited February 11 by Ray,IN

ReplyQuote
(@rynosback)

On 2/10/2019 at 11:21 PM, aztex said:

Would you buy used?

I assume despite many moving parts if they work they work. Like any power tool abuse should/could be indicated by cosmetics.

Thanks,

Az Tex

For used, I would check Craigslist and even pawn shops.

ReplyQuote
(@Carlos)

On 2/10/2019 at 10:24 AM, aztex said:

The "powersports" dealers here do.  Those are the ones that sell side by sides and other stuff besides bikes.  But they all sell at retail as far as I've seen.

I used to own a Honda generator and had found the best price here:   http://apdpowercenter.com/gen_honda.html

ReplyQuote
(@aztex)

Thanks!

After shopping I just went with Campingworld for $1009. A used from a friend or known usage would have been an option but the couple I checked on CL needed work.

Day after buying a recall notice hit but luckily mine not part of the recall!

Az Tex

ReplyQuote
(@NDBirdman)

Recall linky

"The recall includes two models of generators, the Honda EB2800i and the Honda EG2800i."

I had to go check after you said that, had not heard it.  It does not cover the 2200i so we lucked out.

ReplyQuote
(@aztex)

recall.thumb.jpg.b58786bf37c173bb205bc97a5e7512f1.jpg

On 2/16/2019 at 11:33 AM, NDBirdman said:

Recall linky

"The recall includes two models of generators, the Honda EB2800i and the Honda EG2800i."

I had to go check after you said that, had not heard it.  It does not cover the 2200i so we lucked out.

For some reason it's not listed on Honda but was on the Honda display and they halted sales at CW Tucson.

Here's a photo. Sorry I was only trying to get serial numbers to check mine but the important parts should be readable.

Edited February 17 by aztex

ReplyQuote
Page 1 / 2

Leave a reply

Author Name

Author Email

Title *

Maximum allowed file size is 10MB

Preview 0 Revisions Saved
Share: