May 20, 2024

RV Living

On The Road Again With RV Living

RV Forum

We have many new features on our forum, RV-Living forum has information on just about any topic.
Check Out RV Forum Today

Please Re-Register To Access All Our Forums New Features on RV-Living Forum

Post all your RV questions or comments on RV Forum

RV Forum

Notifications
Clear all

Class of 2020

25 Posts
1 Users
0 Reactions
(@skeet)

On 10/28/2019 at 12:44 AM, BocoGirl said:

Hey Skeet!  Glad you started this thread.
I just purchased my Mini Max the other day.
I'll be housesitting and doing some 'test-runs' in my camper during Nov and December to do a run of the systems and pack/organize my belongings. How do you fit a life into 16'?? And, work full-time?
It's all fun so far with the planning. And, I do love the minimalist lifestyle.

I'm based out of Colorado for now, but will most likely change my domicile at some point.

Looking forward to learning about everyone else's plans and how you're getting the ball rolling.
Thanks!
Michele

Hey Michele...Thanks for joining and hope to hear more from you as you get closer to the start of your journey. I'm still working on projects around the house and property. I should be done with the all the major upgrades by Xmas...then when winter is over...I can put the house on the market. Hoping for an early spring(so is my real estate agent) DW and I want to get on the road! Wishing you the best during your test runs. Keep us posted how everything is coming along.

Take Care

Skeet

ReplyQuote
(@Danandfreda)

We are planning to join the 2020 group. We have a contract on our house now just waiting for the buyer to sell theirs so we could be homeless anytime. Wife is retired and I’m 4 years from retirement but I will quit working soon after the house is finalized. We to are tired of the work we have 40 acres in central Illinois great hunting and fishing but a lot of mowing and tree trimming. We are going to order our hdt when the house is final and change our domicile. We are hoping to be gone by spring and can’t wait

ReplyQuote
(@skeet)

Dan....welcome to the 2020 class. Sounds like you are as anxious as I am to get on the road. Where you gonna change your domicile to? I was just telling the wife a few minutes ago...that I hope we're someplace warm by next Halloween.

ReplyQuote
(@Danandfreda)

Thinking South Dakota domicile and Montana vehicle registration. Me too on the weather it’s 27 and snowed all day with high winds. Ready for warmer weather

ReplyQuote
(@sandsys)

On 11/1/2019 at 1:06 PM, Danandfreda said:

Thinking South Dakota domicile and Montana vehicle registration. Me too on the weather it’s 27 and snowed all day with high winds. Ready for warmer weather

So you plan to garage the vehicle in Montana? if not, what are you going to use as an address to register the vehicle?

Linda Sand, Class of 2008

ReplyQuote
(@Danandfreda)

Getting info on an LLC to see if the sales tax savings is worth the price. The hdt will be new and fiber will be too. It might be just as cheap to pay South Dakota sales tax though. 

ReplyQuote
(@Steven@146)

Well Hello Class of 2020. The Wife and I will be joining ya'll next year. Currently we live 8 miles from Bastrop Texas near Austin. I am retired, Wife will next year in Sept. We will put the house on the market in spring and hope to have it sold before May. Still have to get rid of a lot of stuff yet but we are working on it. We are not new to RVing just will be new to the fulltime lifestyle. We  purchased in February a new fulltime living capable 37 foot 5th wheel and new 1 Ton truck to pull it. We will live in the RV here till Sept then travel up to Northern Indiana and Ohio where the rest of the family lives. Just after the Holidays 2020 will come back to Texas for the winter. Most likely winter in the Bastrop area since  we have lived here 17 years, have lots of friends here and there are now some 30 RV parks in and around this area. Winters here are not bad cold wise. Last night got down to 29* but this afternoon its supposed to get up to 62*. We really also love the Gulf Coast and Galveston Island and will probably share winter time there also. We will keep our Texas residency. Have the Class A Non CDL Texas drivers license already. We recently made a camping trip to Livingston to check it out and got the grand tour of the mail facility. Also did the SmartWeigh while we were there. We will get the paperwork done and transition our residence to Polk county.

We are members of the Escapees Alamo Texas Chapter and attend their Rally's.  Our Rally's are centered around the Texas Hill Country. They are great fun and we have made some good friends with this group.

We have Escapees membership stickers on our truck back window, if you see us stop by and say hello.

Steve & Tami Cass

ReplyQuote
(@sandsys)

On 11/1/2019 at 7:57 PM, Danandfreda said:

Getting info on an LLC to see if the sales tax savings is worth the price. The hdt will be new and fiber will be too. It might be just as cheap to pay South Dakota sales tax though. 

It is my understanding is that an LLC is a business that would own your truck and that has all types of implications including registration, insurance, truck scales, etc. Please, do lots of research before deciding to go that way.

Linda Sand, Class of 2008

ReplyQuote
(@skeet)

On 11/2/2019 at 1:26 AM, Steven@146 said:

Well Hello Class of 2020. The Wife and I will be joining ya'll next year. Currently we live 8 miles from Bastrop Texas near Austin. I am retired, Wife will next year in Sept. We will put the house on the market in spring and hope to have it sold before May. Still have to get rid of a lot of stuff yet but we are working on it. We are not new to RVing just will be new to the fulltime lifestyle. We  purchased in February a new fulltime living capable 37 foot 5th wheel and new 1 Ton truck to pull it. We will live in the RV here till Sept then travel up to Northern Indiana and Ohio where the rest of the family lives. Just after the Holidays 2020 will come back to Texas for the winter. Most likely winter in the Bastrop area since  we have lived here 17 years, have lots of friends here and there are now some 30 RV parks in and around this area. Winters here are not bad cold wise. Last night got down to 29* but this afternoon its supposed to get up to 62*. We really also love the Gulf Coast and Galveston Island and will probably share winter time there also. We will keep our Texas residency. Have the Class A Non CDL Texas drivers license already. We recently made a camping trip to Livingston to check it out and got the grand tour of the mail facility. Also did the SmartWeigh while we were there. We will get the paperwork done and transition our residence to Polk county.

We are members of the Escapees Alamo Texas Chapter and attend their Rally's.  Our Rally's are centered around the Texas Hill Country. They are great fun and we have made some good friends with this group.

We have Escapees membership stickers on our truck back window, if you see us stop by and say hello.

Steve & Tami Cass

Welcome Steve & Tami...Nice to have you join the rest of the 2020 class. It sounds like you have everything planned out ..and you have a quality truck and fiver. We haven't yet decided where  to domicile.... in SD or Texas. Our son and granddaughter live near Dallas...we'll be spending a couple months a year with them...so leaning towards Texas. We haven't spent any time on the Gulf coast...but sure want to some day. Keep in touch.......Skeet

ReplyQuote
(@Kirk W)

On 11/1/2019 at 7:57 PM, Danandfreda said:

It has been a while since I had any contact with them, but the Bennett Law Office in Missoula, MT used to be quite well known in the RV community for such services and for their solid advice. When I looked into it they advised me that it would not save enough to justify the cost and work. That advice was not billed for either. 

ReplyQuote
Page 2 / 2

Leave a reply

Author Name

Author Email

Title *

Maximum allowed file size is 10MB

Preview 0 Revisions Saved
Share: